Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Keep Those Plates Spinning





I know I've been a bit absent from this blog of late, but I am glad for a few minutes to be back this morning.  As I mentioned, we had a marvelous trip to Europe and I truly enjoyed being away and exploring new cities with my family.


As it always happens, though, coming home has been a bit crazy.  Work is great, but I've not really caught up yet, so I'm burning the midnight oil to do that.  I went to an excellent weekend conference on the Enneagram last weekend, which I enjoyed, but felt like I had no time for anything else.  The kids are off and running with spring sports and the end of the school year, so I'm feeling a little panicky about summer plans.  In short, I empathize with the character above - I'm just trying to keep all those plates in the air.


I'm working today on breathing myself back down and putting it all in perspective - It will all get done, but I want to be sure I enjoy it along the way.


A little rant this morning, I think all of us at this certain age are experience some form of the plate spinning, so if you have suggestions or ideas to share on how to keep them up or just let some break, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment