Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

Since my bike accident, we have become well acquainted.  I find that I wake up at about 4:30 AM and am unable to fall back to sleep.  I have to admit that I kind of like being up at this hour.  The house is quiet, the world is just beginning to get started.  I can hear some traffic on the roads and river, but it's still kind of sleepy.  The spring birds are active and chatty, all in all not a bad way to greet the day.


I also like it from a work standpoint.  I use the early hours to review my thinking from the night before.  There is something infinitely clearer in the light of day, so when I am working on a project, like I have been this week, I know that I can put it aside at the end of the day, and take another look in the morning - I always see something new.


Maybe this is a result of my injury or maybe it's a result of getting older, but for now, I'm going with it and taking advantage of the "Wee Small Hours"

1 comment:

  1. Maggie: So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are on the mend. Will see Bill this weekend so can get all the news. Take care, Pat

    ReplyDelete