Monday, August 2, 2010

That Prince Song...

OK, so it's not really a "Little Red Covette" as the song goes, but it's my fabulous "Little Red Jetta"  I went all out in my own fiscally responsible way and bought a new car  (of course, Bill and I made the decision together as with any big purchase, but it's really mine) And I love it.


I truly enjoy driving, as I've mentioned on this blog before, so I wanted to get back to a car from my Highlander SUV.  I also returned to the manual transmission I was used to driving for the first 30 years of my driving experience.  I bought a wagon to fit the needs of this almost 50 mom, and I think the red probably represents some kind of mid-life stage, so it seems like the perfect compromise.


It's sporty, fun to drive, better for the environment (clean diesel) and gets incredible gas mileage - 49.9 Average mpg on our recent trip to Chicago.  I do realize that just writing about this makes me a little bit of a car nut, but I am really thrilled with it so far.  I'm also doing a lot of driving for work now, and am I enjoy my new "ride".  



1 comment:

  1. "Little Red Corvet" is one of my very favorite songs :-) Nice new car! See you on Thursday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete