Friday, September 3, 2010

One Month and Counting





OMG - The countdown has begun.  How can it only be one month away?  I'd better get moving if I'm going to accomplish all those things I've talked about over the last year!


Or... I could just relax and know that my 50's are going to be great.  I think I will spend this month on the blog reflecting a bit on my 40's.  What I've learned and what I hope to learn as I move to the next half of my life.


One lesson I've learned from my 40's is that it's OK to slow down sometimes.  I am really good a rushing - for kids, for work, for life.  I've gotten better at thinking with the end in mind (as Covey would say) and gaining a little perspective on the journey and realizing that it's easy to miss some of the fun and value by being so concerned about getting to the end in one piece.


Now, that's not to say my family would describe me as patient - I'm hoping for that to come in my 50's, but there is something to be said for wisdom coming with age.


More tomorrow - with 29 days left.....



No comments:

Post a Comment