Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fishing Opener

It is officially spring in my book.  This weekend in Wisconsin, it was the fishing opener.  Now, I don't take fishing terribly seriously, but I know many people who do.  For us this weekend, Charlie and his friend Yale bought the first tub of night crawlers and fished off the dock at the cabin.


The normal fishing stuff happened over the course of two days:  They realized rubber worms don't really work,  no actual fish were caught, but hooks & fishing line ended up in trees and everyone practiced casting and talking - the age old fishing routine.


The boys had a great time and I remembered fondly all those mornings in Maine fishing with my father.  We did catch fish most of the time and I am proud to say I can still put a worm on a hook and pick out a pretty good lure when the need arises.  


Hopefully as the summer goes on we'll have a few fish to fry up and I'm sure many hours of quiet contemplation on the lake will take place.


I'm happy that Spring has Sprung.

No comments:

Post a Comment