Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tri - ing Again

So today it began.  I officially started training for the YWCA Triathlon I'm registered for in August, 2010.  I met up with a couple other women that I connected with on the Google site set up for the YWCA Tri and we did a 12 mile bike ride.  


I was pleased to do 12 miles on my first time out this year.  I got to ride my groovy new bike that Bill bought for me earlier this year, and I loved it.  I also had my first fall on the bike.  This bike has great bike shoes with clips, so it helps me go faster and bike more efficiently, but also doesn't let go as easily.  I have a nice scrape & bruise to show off this week - I think that makes me a real biker, right?


The kicker is that I was standing still when I fell.  Apparently, you can't take the klutz out of a person, even with a fancy new bike.  


I think the most important note for me today, is how much energy I feel by doing this.  I enjoyed the company this morning, and am still enjoying the bump I got from fitting in the exercise.  If only I could remember this every day!


So, I'll keep you up to date on the training, but it feels great to get started - I know I'll be ready when it comes time.



No comments:

Post a Comment