Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pretty in Polka Dots

You know how sometimes when you have an event and you  think I have nothing to wear?  Well, I had that feeling last week.  Now don't get me wrong, I have plenty of lovely clothes, but as a seasoned dieter, I don't like to buy expensive clothes always sure I'll lose those pesky pounds before I need to spend the money.


So, I decided to try a new store in St. Paul called Second Debut.  It is a lovely, boutique store on University Avenue that sells used clothes.  There is also one in St. Louis Park that I have been to occasionally, so when one came to St. Paul, I headed over there.


The fabulous twist to Second Debut, is that it is owned by Goodwill and all the clothes are actually donated items.  Some smart person (probably a clothes savvy woman!) decided that it made sense to pick out the lovely, in many cases designer, clothes that people donate and bring them to this boutique venue for sale.  It's the perfect place for women (and men in St. Louis Park) to find that "something to wear" without spending a fortune.  The proceeds go back to Goodwill, so you are supporting that great organization as well.


In 15 minutes with the help of a great saleswoman, I found this beautiful polka dot dress that fit me perfectly for $22.00.  I wore it to the party and felt wonderful.


I love the idea of being able to find inexpensive good looking clothes, even if I'm not at the perfect weight yet - it always feels better to love what I'm wearing.


So check it out if you have time www.seconddebut.org

No comments:

Post a Comment