Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chapel of Spin

Back today after a bit of a break this week.  Bill was out of town and work (thankfully) was really busy, so somehow the blog got lost in the shuffle.  


I let the boys sleep in this morning instead of going to church - a little treat with Bill away.  We don't go to church every week, but we often do because we love the place, and we always get something out of it.  Today, though seemed like a great day to sleep in and enjoy a quiet morning.  We all got up early yesterday to get places, so it was nice not to set an alarm.


What I did do this morning was feed my soul in a different way.  I went to a spin (cycling) class at the Y.  As I was sweating on my bike, I remembered how good it feels for the soul, to move the body.  (It is especially good when the class is over!)


I tend to get into my head sometimes worrying about work, kids, world events and life in general. This was one of those weeks for a variety of reasons.  I have to remember that when those times find me, it really helps to move my body.  Somehow it all seems better after a good workout.  At the very least, I have taken a breath and am able to think about an issue more clearly.


Today, it was the chapel of spin.  I'm sure there will be plenty of things to worry about tomorrow, but I'll keep my chapel options open and tackle the tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment