Sunday, February 21, 2010

For Every Little Bit of Beauty.....



There is a little bit of pain.  I don't know why, but I will always remember my mother saying this to me when I was growing up.  As I approach the big 50, I realize that this is true.


I had my eyebrows done on Friday.  Now I don't spend too much time or money on "self care" but I am all about beautiful eyebrows.  I have fairly serious eyebrows and always feel better about myself when I have them done.  I typically have them waxed, and went to a new person on Friday who waxed and threaded them.  The threading was cool - apparently an old Indian tradition that involves fast moving thread - the results are great.  It's a small expenditure of time and money, and does a great deal for the self esteem.


It does, though, involve a little bit of pain, but really worth it in my book.  I know this may be a silly little post, but I like the idea of us each doing small things that make us feel good about ourselves and we travel on this journey of growing older.  


I will try to remember to do those small things throughout this year that increase the beauty - even if they involve a little pain.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently we both have a brow thing, since I wrote a very similar post a few weeks ago :)

    http://the-old-me.blogspot.com/2010/01/girly-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly believe that getting your eyebrows done is an instant makeover! I was thinking today that I needed to schedule an appointment...you have motivated me now!

    ReplyDelete