Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Cardinal in Snow


I am sitting in my office enjoying the first real snow of the winter here in Minnesota.  I can see a pair of cardinals in the backyard.  They look so beautiful in the snow - red and regal.  


Somehow the Cardinals seem like hope for the cold winter.  We have two or three pair that spend the winter here and they always brighten my day.  I love to point them out to my kids - and they always say - we know mom, a cardinal - big deal.  But I never get tired of seeing them.


They also remind me of my dad, who loved to bird watch.  So when I see them, talk to them or acknowledge them to anyone who'll listen, I remember having those conversations with Frank.


Enjoy the snow and be sure to say hi to the cardinals in your backyard.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this post alot! The picture of the cardinal in the snow is very peaceful to me. Thanks for sharing. No snow here in Nashville...only a lot of rain. I can't wait to be back in the Midwest for the holidays. Hopefully with a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cardinal photo. Would it be possible to get a high resolution copy of it? I would love to print it for my Sweetheart. She (we both) love cardinals and she gave me a framed pic, for Valentine, of a female which you can see at: http://gallery.me.com/pruitt#100156 . If possible, please shoot me an email: pruitt@eaze.net Thanks, Bob

    ReplyDelete