Thursday, December 31, 2009

Transitions


Today is New Year's Eve and the transitions - the process or period of changing from one condition to another, seem to be all around me today. 


There is the obvious transition from 2009 to 2010 - year and decade happening at midnight.  There is something hopeful about changing decades - another chunk of time to remember as we get older - Jack & Charlie moved from little boys to teenagers in the 00's and will be men by the time 2020 arrives - what fun those transitions will be - let's hope "fun" is the term I use then!

Seventeen years ago today, my father, Frank transitioned into the next life - seems like yesterday we were literally watching that passage take place.

My mother, Mary, retired today after 16+ years as the Town Clerk of Salem, NY. I'm sure it will feel strange not to see her in the office, but I also know there will be new and exciting opportunities for her going forward.

Work seems to be transitioning for me too - new projects and old clients resurfacing after a somewhat slow 2009 is a wonderful direction.

Tomorrow I will begin to think about resolutions for the year, but somehow today, it feels right to contemplate the transitions.




No comments:

Post a Comment