Sunday, December 20, 2009

New is Good - Right?

I have a new project beginning tomorrow.  I welcome new work and new clients and as I've mentioned before, I really enjoy the work I do - HR Consulting and Coaching.


I am realizing, though, that whenever I have new work, I get a little nervous. It's easy to be worried about the unknown, I think, but I wonder if at some point the nervousness goes away and one just launches into the bold new world without thinking.


I'm thrilled with the opportunity, and confident in the work that I do, but the new still puts that little queasy feeling in my stomach. I would tell my clients that the feeling is normal and not to be afraid to "pursue the new" - so we'll see how good I am at taking my own advice! 


I also think the nervousness is probably OK because I know it helps me to prepare well and my experience tells me that when I get started, it will likely be fine. 


I'll post an update on Wednesday when I get back into town, but in the meantime, it feels better just to write it down and think through it.



1 comment:

  1. I am a little late with this comment but I finally figured out the Google Account thing...Change makes me very nervous, I like to feel everything is in the "right" place and with new things you can never tell. So yesterday, I put a quote up on my mirror so I can see it every morning: "People understimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing." - John Porter. A little nervousness is good as you point out so long as it doesn't paralize you. But I can't imagine anything paralizing you Miss Maggie...other than the mouse.

    ReplyDelete