Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Collective Wisdom - to Grey or not to Grey?




OK - here goes with the requests for opinions & help.  


One of the things I've been toying with as I approach the big 5 0 is whether I want to let my hair go to it's natural grey.  I have been having it colored (expertly, I might add by my friend Joanie) for a long time, but I think I might be ready to let it all hang out, so to speak, as a 50th birthday resolution.


I know it's all grey underneath the brunette now - I come from a long line of lovely, Irish grey-haired women, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge -


Any thoughts, experiences etc.. are welcome - no holds barred here!


PS - if you'd like to comment, the easiest way is to open a Google account - free, easy and no spam involved - just go to google.com click on login at the upper right corner and follow the directions to open an account.

3 comments:

  1. go grey!!~ be brave...i am guessing that you will love it...the look and the easy care...i might be prejudiced..probably you should take that into account

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that you mention the grey topic. I just asked friends at the gym when you just go with the grey. My 23 year old friend said at sixty. But then there's my 96 year old Aunt Grace who's still coloring her hair. (She doesn't want to look like an old lady!)

    IMHO, with your gorgeous complexion and cute face you could pull it off well. I know what Joanie would say though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go with the flow and go grey, for some reason my hair color is staying as the rest of me changes. i think upkeep would get to be too much of a chore. And there are way more fun things to do! And i agree with the others that you have the complexion for it! Love your blog:) Maureen

    ReplyDelete