Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gobble, Gobble


Last night we hosted the 26th (I think) annual Turkey Trot dinner party at our house.  It's a party Bill and some of his friends from college days and before started and it's evolved over the years.  The theme of good friends, great food and a rousing white elephant gift exchange has remained the same however.


I love to cook, so I truly enjoyed planning and cooking the meal - topped off by a wonderful, if I do say so myself, cappuccino creme brulee.  (I'm happy to share the recipe with anyone who's interested - it's easy and a great make ahead dessert)


Every year it's a fabulous group of people some of whom know each other well and some who are meeting for the first time.  I always marvel at the voices and laughter from the kitchen and I think how lucky we are to have such terrific friends.  


This year it happened to be in December, rather than November, and I think it's the perfect kick off to the holiday season - maybe that will become part of the tradition in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment