Friday, January 22, 2010

Back in the Saddle



Isn't there a song about this "I'm back in the Saddle again...."  That's how I feel today.  I've been a bit remiss on a few things - this blog being one of them, exercise being another.


So today is the day to get back to it.  I went to spinning class this morning - and I have to say I can feel my saddle if you know what I mean.  Great class, fabulous workout and the best part is I'm done by 7:00 AM - Why don't I do it more often?  


I'm also obviously back at the blog today - I've been jotting down ideas for entries, and feel refreshed and refocused.  Of course, I can't commit to how long that will last, but for right now, I'm going with the flow.


Both of these things make me realize, again, that habits are so much easier to break than to create.  I think I heard once that doing something for X number of days (7, 14, 21?) makes the habit stick - I don't know if that's true, but it does seem like getting into the routine helps.  


So, I'm going to give it a try for at least a week - I'll commit to writing every day - (once on the weekends) and exercising of some kind every day, and I'll report back next week - not easy to hide on the blog front, I guess a little public accountability can't hurt.


Anyone else have a great trick to cement good habits?  I'm always open to suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. This arrived in my inbox this week as a dose of wisdom from daily Kabbalah tune up:

    "We all fall to temptation. This doesn't mean we are failures if we give in. Progress is never linear, but rather spiral.

    Do we have an intention to shift? As long as we stick to that intention, our change will come in, like the tide.

    Today, be nice to yourself. You are beautiful."

    ReplyDelete