Tuesday, January 5, 2010

M. Kathleen

My Mother-in-Law, Kathy Kenney died early this morning after a long and gracious battle with stomach cancer.  Kathy was a kind, spiritual woman who faced her illness in much the same way she lived her life - with humor, faith, patience and compassion.


She will be greatly missed by her wonderful family, colleagues and friends and I know her passing leaves a hole in the lives of her husband, John, children and grandchildren.


I enjoyed talking with Kathy about many things, but in particular we loved comparing notes on the books we read - what we liked and what we couldn't get through (mostly me as I think she finished almost everything she read).  I still have a list of recommendations I'll work my way through this year.


We also shared a love of coffee and I know now that every time I order a Caribou, light roast with a "touch" of cream, I'll remember her.


Rest in Peace, Kathy.  I'll miss you.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words for a beautiful mother, grandmother, and friend. We were lucky to have her! Love you

    ReplyDelete