Monday, January 18, 2010

My Other Favorite Bill






Of course I really only have one favorite Bill (my hubby of almost 20 years, Bill Kenney), but I must admit that there is a close second.


Bill's Imported Foods, a wonderful Greek grocery store on Lake Street in Minneapolis is one of my all time favorite places to go. At Bill's I have found the best feta cheese - the Greek is my favorite, but they have French, American and a few more.  I also love their kalamata olives - the small, briny olives are perfect for Greek salad or just for a nibble. 


I buy my regular olive oil there too - great prices on light, fruity olive oil for cooking or salads.


I always ask for a taste before I buy and the owner graciously shares her ideas and suggestions for the best selections for whatever I'm cooking.  You also can't beat the fresh baked pita bread that arrives warm every day at about 10:00 AM. 


Absolutely worth the trip if you are planning Greek dinner or if you just want a few fresh, tasty items for a salad or a nosh.


Bill's Imported Foods - Look for the blue awning on Lake Street at Lyndale Avenue - Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment