Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In the Driver's Seat




I drove 2 hours this morning to a meeting in Western MN. I love to drive because it combines a number of my favorite things. 


First, I'm an introvert, so I savor the time in the car by myself.  I usually don't even have the radio on.  Especially living with a bunch of extroverts, the car can be my opportunity to recharge between activities.


Second, I like to think out loud - what better place to do that than in the car.  It's a great time to talk through scenarios and prepare for meetings.


Third, I'm a closet songster. when I do have the radio or CD on, I can be seen, and sometimes heard, singing at the top of my lungs.


I also really enjoy nature - I drove through farms and fields this morning and watched deer, pheasants, hawks and a variety of rodents scurrying around.  


Lastly, I think being in the "driver's seat" fits the rest of my life too.  I like to be in control, and driving gives me that on days when I don't feel like I have it anywhere else.


So I'll enjoy the return trip tomorrow and be rested and ready to re-enter my house when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment