Friday, January 29, 2010

Kindle Cure

Who knew that my IPhone would be my Kindle cure?  As I posted a few days ago, I have been considering the purchase of a Kindle reader from Amazon.  I love to read and tend to be drawn to new technology, so the Kindle seemed like a perfect fit.  I got some good feedback from my readers - some for and some against, and when I weighed the $250 price tag, I decided against it for now.


Then, like magic, in my email came the link to the free Kindle App for my IPhone.  So with this App, I can download Kindle books from Amazon.  I found 5 interesting, FREE books that I downloaded today - double bonus.


I don't think the IPhone will ever take the place of my real-live books, and the print is pretty small to read for a long time.  It is pretty cool, though, to be able to whip out a book at a moment's notice when I'm waiting in line or sitting in the car between appointments - a quick, easy cure for now - in a word - SWEET.


And, of course, there is that new IPad coming out this spring I might need to take a look at.  After all, I'm $250 ahead right?

No comments:

Post a Comment