Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Don't Stop for Heavens Sake


OK - I started running again today.  Truth be told, I haven't really run since the Triathlon in August.  God it stinks to start over.


I'm doing the couch25K program - beginning with walking a lot and running a little and over time transitioning to all running.  


I'm kicking myself - not literally, as I can't begin to reach that high.  I had a good running schedule going over the summer - I'm really slow, but fairly strong and comfortable when I'm consistent.
Why did I stop? Laziness, the eternal "I'll start tomorrow" thing, life interfering, a million excuses I'm sure.  Anyway I begin again.


I am going to try my hardest, once I build up some endurance to JUST KEEP GOING!  It's got to be easier to move a little on a regular basis than to start all over again.


Feel free to remind me to keep at it - let's see if I can learn from the not-so-distant past.


PS - do you think it's a problem if I'm tired just watching the woman running in the picture?  She's already run way more than I can at the moment - ah well slow and steady right?

4 comments:

  1. Okay- this post is EXACTLY how I am feeling!! I have to start running again because I am doing a half marathon in April. AHHHH. Can we be each other's motivation?! I really, really need to start running. Tomorrow. Just for this post, tomorrow it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting started Maggie! I'm restarting kettlebell on Wednesday, and I can already imagine the soreness.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, starting again hurts, but it is worth it. Once the weather gets back to the positive double digits I would love to meet with you for a run. I find it easier when you have a commitment to met someone. Keep going, every step counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie: On the days you don't want to run, just walk. I think the messagae is: "Just Do it!" However, I also think when the wind chill is below zero, you are excused....

    ReplyDelete