Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm among the Elite

I love a bargain, as I may have mentioned a few times on this blog.  One of the things I enjoy doing is shopping a consignment shops.  In particular, I love a local St. Paul consignment shop called Elite Repeat.  


I have only become a fan of the consignment clothes shopping world in the last 4 or 5 years.  It started because I was always hoping to be a size smaller than I am and therefore didn't want to spend a ton of money on clothes.  So I stopped in one day and discovered a great world of beautiful, designer, often brand new clothes at incredible prices.  I have found great bargains in Jones NY, Eileen Fisher, Talbots, Liz Claiborne and Coach designs to name a few.  My friend Diane works at Elite Repeat and always is happy to help me find a piece that will add to my wardrobe or a special event item, particularly helpful for those of us who are fashion challenged.


I also like supporting the "green" initiative of consignment shopping - again, I can find lovely things that someone else doesn't want any more and save both money and the environment.


I'm always thrilled to find great pieces to add to my wardrobe without spending an arm and a leg.  I know that I will want to hit a "real" store when I hit my lifetime goal on Weight Watchers this year, but for now I love being one of the Elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment