Friday, October 9, 2009

The Journey Officially Begins

Well - Today's the day. I am officially beginning this blog - the journey to my 50th birthday, on October 3, 2010. I intended to start it last week on my 49th birthday, but used that post, instead for a tribute to my friend Paul and my brother Andy.

So what is this all about, you ask? I remember my mother telling me when I turned 8, that I was actually entering my 9th year. So as I was pondering the reality of turning 50 next year, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to put in writing the ups, downs, and everything in between of this year rather than setting a goal to "do" something big when I turn 50.

I'd love to have readers, followers and contributers along the way. I want to share this journey and learn from others how to successfully navigate being a "woman of a certain age."

I plan to laugh a lot, and I know I'll cry some too. I hope to look back after a year, even if I'm the only one who reads this journal, and be a little stronger, know myself a little better, and ideally feel great about turning 50.

My goal is to post something every day and although I don't know exactly where it will go - I hope to discuss things that are happening in and around my life that might be of interest to others. I see topics ranging from health and weight to business. From parenting teenagers to learning a new skill, from politics to religion, from the safe to the controversial. I'll talk about things I love, and things I hate - but always with respect, and never with intent to hurt anyone.

I'll learn as I go - I'll start with figuring out how to post pictures and links, I like small manageable steps, and make adjustments as necessary throughout the year.

So please join me if you like - pass it along to someone you think might enjoy it. I;m looking forward to a fun, if occasionally bumpy, ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment