Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Favorite Things - New Kitchen Gadget

This may fall into the category of "I'm easily entertained" as well, but I found a fabulous new kitchen gadget in a little store in Sausilito last weekend. I'm guessing it would also be easy to find in a kitchen store or online as well.


It's called the "Tirra" milk frother or mousseur a lait (It always sounds better in French doesn't it)? and I have to say it's best $12.95 I've spent in years. 


The small, light battery operated frother is made by Trudeau and comes in a triangular box that weighs only a few ounces and, fortunately, doesn't seem to pose a threat going through security in the airport.  
The Tirra makes warm milk froth up wonderfully nice and light for a perfect cappuccino or latte in my own little kitchen.  


A few years ago, I purchased a Bialetti, old fashioned, on the stove, espresso maker a and love it but I could never get the milk to taste right without a steamer.  With this little frother, though, the drink tastes just as good as the $4.00 drinks at Starbucks.



For those of you who know me well, this is truly a breakthrough.  I am guilty of spending way too much money at coffee stores around town to feed my caffeine habit.  Now, I don't want to get crazy, and say I'll never go to the coffee store, but I do think it will be fun to track how much money I save over the course of the year with my new gadget.  I'll let you know next year and will plan to donate those savings to the food shelf.


I'd love to know what your favorite kitchen gadgets are.  Any new finds or fun items you'd like to share?  As always, please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Does getting a new stove count :) We've been oven-free since November of last year and just got a lovely new stove yesterday. Hurray! A stove is a pretty big gadget I guess...

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - that's the best gadget ever!

    ReplyDelete