Thursday, October 29, 2009

One in a Row

OK, I'm back in the saddle - the exercise saddle that is. After I did the triathlon in August, I thought I'd take a week off - after all I deserved it after that huge accomplishment right? Well, maybe you know how that goes, a week turned into two, which somehow turned into 8. I guess there was something to that freshman science class - isn't inertia that says something (or apparently someone) at rest tends to stay at rest?


I decided today was the day to get back on the horse, so to speak. I signed up for a Kettlebell class at the YWCA and went tonight.



It was a great class. A kettlebell is sort of like a cannonball with a handle. Dawn, our fearless leader, took us through a variety of exercises and it was clear that the kettlebell class will be both a good cardio & strength workout - I wasn't even the oldest person in the class - not too shabby.


It feels good to get started again, and although I promise not to bore you with endless detail of my exercise routine, I will let you know about my progress.









No comments:

Post a Comment