Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Maggie's Zines

Ok, true confessions time - I love magazines. I actually think I might have a little problem with magazines. I enjoy the web as much as the next person. I'm spilling my guts on this blog right? But there is something about a magazine that completely takes me in. I love the pictures - especially in cooking magazines. I love that I can find help to solve almost any problem in a 2-page article, and I love that I can read a magazine while watching a movie or television show.

I was really disappointed to hear that Gourmet Magazine is going out of circulation. I know I probably sound old, but it seems like the end of an era. I get my recipes from Epicurious much of the time, but nothing beats seeing pictures of the food in print. I'm also one of those people who keeps old copies of cooking magazines just in case I might need a recipe a couple of years later. Of course, I'm not so good at finding the recipe when I need it, so I'm often back to the web to search.

I plan to do my part (in moderation, of course) to support the circulation of my favorite magazines and I hope I can continue to indulge this little obsession for years to come.



2 comments:

  1. Do you read Metro Magazine? I love how the paper feels.....and the mag is good too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie: I was not a fan of Gourmet but do like Cooks Illustrated. Some of the recipes are harder than others but I like the way they tell you how and why they chose ingredients, order of mixing and preparation. Pat

    ReplyDelete