Friday, October 16, 2009

My Favorite Things - Spider Lake



I will begin categorizing these posts as I go forward to make it easier to follow along. Today, I am beginning today I am beginning a regular category called "My Favorite Things" I will post thoughts every so often of some of my favorites - foods, places, people, gadgets, recipes, products etc. I hope you will add your favorites to the list so we can share the ideas.


I have to start today with my favorite place in the world. Spider Lake, Wisconsin. We are lucky enough to have a cabin on Spider Lake and I am truly at peace when I spend time here. I love being here anytime - Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring. I love it for 24 hours or a longer vacation. We all slow down here, and I think even the boys fight less at the Lake. It's a great place to read, write, study, cook, eat, walk, run and just think.


Again, I feel blessed to have this place, and one of the things it has taught me is that I need, on a regular basis, to find a place to stop, think and reflect. I want to get better at that in my daily life. We are all trying to keep everything in our lives moving forward - work, family, and tons of outside interests and challenges. I think it is important in that balance to figure how to not lose ourselves in the process. It's a work in progress, and I'd love to hear what works for you.


As I mentioned, the cabin is a great place to think and one of the things I will be thinking about this weekend is this blog. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and ideas, but I really want to use it to build a community where those of us who traveling this mid-life journey can learn from each other. I will think about and expand my list of topics in the coming posts, but please feel free to add any ideas you have.




No comments:

Post a Comment