Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween




I love Halloween - what's not to love?  Beautiful fall weather (this year at least), kids in costumes and candy - what's better than that?  


I do, however, have a little problem with Halloween candy in the house.  So this year, I decided to give out microwave popcorn instead of candy in an effort to reduce the amount of candy around.  Jack is too old to Trick or Treat, so I'm down to one bag of candy showing up and, much of it will go to the food shelf in a week or two - don't tell Charlie.


I'm proud of myself this year because we actually have pumpkins to carve and Charlie has his costume all set - I am usually the mother who is looking through the closets this afternoon for something to make a costume out of.  Maybe I'm getting more organized in my 50th year?


I look forward to seeing the costumes and enjoying the kids in the neighborhood tonight - I wish you all a Happy Halloween too.

No comments:

Post a Comment