Friday, November 6, 2009

Create some Creativity

One, last, (I think) goal for this year is to focus a bit on my creative side.  I don't think of myself as very creative - I know we all probably have some artistic part of ourselves, but mine is not very strong.


I am the queen of practicality (perhaps more on this in a later post).  I get stuff done, I am the voice of reason and real life solutions. Even my writing has a pretty practical bent.  Now I'm not dissing those qualities - Everyone can appreciate a good reasonable point of view and I'm great in a crisis. I also know that my sensible side can cause me to be a little one dimensional sometimes.  So this seems like the right year explore my creative side.


I have two quasi-creative outlets.  I can cook and I can sing.  I really enjoy cooking, but like most of us, the majority of my cooking is done for the weeknight get the dinner on the table kind of meals.  I need to branch out and experiment a little so, I'd like to practice soups this winter. I'm going to try to make one new soup or stew a week - so please send me your great soup recipes.


Last night, I re-joined the St. Joan of Arc choir.  This is the perfect outlet for me.  I love to sing, but I'm not crazy about singing by myself, except in the shower.  The SJA choir sings wonderful music, and we get to sing with some really accomplished artists throughout the year, so that is even more fun.


So - that's the creative vibe today.  Please feel free to let me know how you have discovered your creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment