Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Favorite Things - Stormsister Spatique

OK, it's time for another installment of my favorite things.  This time I wanted to give a shout out to one of my new favorite places - Stormsister Spatique - a wonderful boutique of skincare, haircare and many other fun products.


I admit to having a little obsession with skincare products.  I have really dry skin, and have gone through my share of Clinque, Estee Lauder, Keihls, Mary Kay etc... products trying to find one that works for my skin and doesn't give me a rash. I'm fairly easily taken in by a new cream or potion, and end up with many thrown away.


Well, luckily for me (and my wallet), that all changed when I walked into the Stormsister Spatique a year or so ago, while I was waiting for my breakfast at the Capital View Cafe on St. Paul's West Side (I think, I always get the West Side and West St. Paul mixed up, so forgive me if I have it wrong)


Becky Sturm, the owner of Stormsister graciously helped me find (and take home samples of!) a skin care line that has worked wonderfully for my dry skin.  I was impressed with her knowledge and pleased that she took the time to figure out what I needed - a simple, straightforward skin care regime that didn't cost a fortune or have so many steps I couldn't remember them.


I love to support small businesses and it makes me happy to see good owners doing well.  So, I pass this along as one of my favorite things, and as always, I'd love to hear what your favorites are.  


Let's share our secret "finds."






1 comment:

  1. How sweet of you to post this! Thank you, Maggie!

    And...for anyone that wants to know, we are having a big shopping event here on Friday evening, Nov. 6th.
    20% off everything in the store and a bunch of stuff for 50% off! 6-9 PM

    ReplyDelete