Monday, November 23, 2009

Let's Talk Turkey



Well, here we are at the beginning of all those holiday meals, temptations and treats. I think I've heard that as  American's we gain something like 5 pounds, on average, during the holiday season.  I know I've been guilty of overindulging and I'd like to change that pattern this year.


I will stay with Weight Watchers, which I know will help, but I am also going to try a few things this season aimed specifically at monitoring myself over these next 6 weeks:


I am going to read the book The End of Overeating, by Dr. David Kessler (thank you Joan for the recommendation).


I am going to cook and bring healthy versions of the holiday food I'm in charge of.  I won't go crazy, but I will err on the side of fresh food and good choices.


I will stop and smell the roses as well as the pie.  I want to be sure to enjoy the friends and family as much as the food.


I will try to exercise consistently along the way - again, I know I won't get there everyday, but I do have time to do my regular classes.


And..I will give myself a break - I think if I just relax a bit about the whole thing, it will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel famous get a mention on your blog! I look forward to discussing this book with you sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete