Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Favorite Things - A Truly Lovely Day


I hit the jackpot today, and enjoyed a day full of my favorite things.  


First, I drove to Red Wing, MN - a small river city about an hour Southeast of St. Paul.  I love to drive, especially when I'm by myself and have time to think.  About 15 minutes out of the city, the landscape begins to sprawl - lovely fall cornfields and beautiful farms all the way to Red Wing - a great opportunity to center.


Next, I had the pleasure of teaching a workshop on performance management to a group of non-profit leaders and staff.  I love to share knowledge these wise, passionate people focused on making our world a better place.


Finally, I had dinner with my family and some good friends, Jim & Mary McHugh, who are moving to Denver later this week.  We had a terrific, gluten free, meal at the Chianti Grill in Roseville.  It was fun for all of us to catch up before Jim and Mary head off to Colorado.


I know tomorrow will be a busy day less likely to be filled with my favorite things, so I'm glad to take a minute to appreciate today.

1 comment:

  1. I do not have any suggestions, just a comment that we are experiencing the EXACT same thing. We vascillate between trying to allow him some freedom to make choices about how he studies and completes homework to micro-managing his evenings to get him to accomplish what he needs to get done. I believe that I overwhelm him with the "long-term consequences" of the choices he is making now and all he hears is blah, blah, blah.

    I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete