Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One a Day - A Vitamin for Work




I think I Mentioned a week or so ago, that one of the goals for this journey is to continue to build and develop my business; particularly consulting with non profits and teaching.


My field is Human Resources and I've been out on my own for a few years now.  I have great clients, an although I love doing the work, I know I am not as comfortable marketing myself and generating new work.


So I had a simple idea I'm going to try.  I am going to do one thing every day that is focused on building my business.  I will keep track of those things and, if I can, connect them to new clients, business and/or directions throughout the year.


I know is sounds simple, but I tend to be successful generating ideas to pursue, and less successful actually pursuing them.  This seems manageable and like this blog, doing it daily will keep me accountable.


I would love to hear other ideas about how people have successfully built and developed their small businesses or practices - I am always open to suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so now i have a little notebook and inspired by your blog, will make a list everyday with one new idea.

    ReplyDelete