Monday, November 16, 2009

I Love a Class


I spent the weekend in Chicago taking a class on the Enneagram at Loyola University.  I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend.


I got to spend time with Sarah which is always great as we don't get to see each other very often.


I also really enjoyed the class.  The Enneagram is a personality type assessment tool that I use in my coaching practice.  I think it's an incredibly useful tool. I have found it helpful both personally and with clients to build self-insight, and therefore better relationships at work and and home.  The class this weekend was focused on using the Enneagram in dealing with conflict, again, I think useful for everyone.


I also realized this weekend, that partially , I just enjoy taking the class (which if you are familiar with the Enneagram, fits nicely with my type - 5).  I like to continually learn about a variety of topics, I enjoy being away from my office and focused on something I want to know more about.


So, I'll continue to look for occasional classes to boost my knowledge, and I would love to chat more about the Enneagram with anyone who's interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment